How Much Do Lessons Cost?
Please see our "Types of Lessons" page for a complete breakdown of lesson costs. Generally, a 1-hour weekend group lesson (with 5 instructors) for children who do not require side walkers is $35.00. Everything else is explained in detail on the "Types of Lessons" page.
What Is Your Lesson Schedule?
We do group lessons (5 Instructors) on Weekend Mornings. We will typically have no more than four riders at a time. Availability is very limited for these spots, so you may need to be flexible with your schedule.
We do group and individual lessons during the week, from 9:00AM to 3:00PM. We typically have three instructors available during these time slots. Availability is pretty good for these spots. Groups are restricted to four riders.
We also do lessons after school - at 5:00 and 6:00. These are individual lessons, typically reserved for children who require side walkers or have more severe disabilities. These lessons are conducted one-on-one with Ms. Kimber.
Do I Have To Wear a Helmet?
Only if you want to actually get on a horse. Students MAY NOT RIDE without one. No Exceptions. We have loaners if you don't have one or forget yours.
Note: We understand that children with some kinds of disabilities do not like anything on their head. We suggest using a beanie or a ball cap a few days before coming to try to get them used to it. Unfortunately, there are NO EXCEPTIONS to our helmet rule.
What Should I Bring?
- A Water Bottle for your rider.
- A Camera. You'll kick yourself if you don't.
- A Helmet for Horseback Riding if you have one. If not, we do.
- A Coat, if necessary.
- Horses love carrots.
- Instructors love coffee.
What Should My Child Wear?
- Long Pants (no dresses or shorts)
- A shoe with a heel. English Riding Boots or Cowboy Boots are preferred, but not required. In a pinch you can wear tennies. NO OPEN TOED SHOES.
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Do You Accept Insurance?
Unfortunately, no. We've looked in to it, and it turns out it's unreasonably complicated. (no surprise there.)
How Many Horses Do You Have?
At the moment, we have 10 horses at our facility.
- Mia Quarter Horse Beginning Horse
- Sedona Paint Horse Beginning Horse
- Tucker Quarter Horse Beginning Horse
- Brandy Quarter Horse Beginning Horse
- Sirius Black Paint Horse Begin/Intermediate
- Peyton Tenn. Walker mix Intermediate Horse
- Dancer Arabian Intermediate Horse
- Shadowfax Arabian Intermediate Horse
- Gypsie Arabian Advanced Horse
- Misty Bleu Blue Roan (Private Horse)
Is It Safe?
Our horses are very safe, very well-trained lesson horses and accidents are rare. However, they do happen. Horses are animals and this is part of horseback riding. This is why we require all riders, regardless of age, ability or experience to wear a helmet, and we restrict non-riders from entering the riding area.