CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!
CAMP DATES: June 15 - 19, 2020
Campers: 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
All Counselors: 8:00 AM to 3:00PM
CAMP LOCATION: El Paso County Sheriff's Posse
1800-1 McNutt Road
Sunland Park, New Mexico 88063
CAMP COST: $300.00
ARE YOU READY? Summer Horse Camp is Here! This year's theme is The Hobbit and we are super-excited to start planning for our FOURTH consecutive year of summer camp! This year's camp will feature Hobbit-themed crafts, games, songs and, of course, HORSEBACK RIDING! Since all of our previous camps have been completely full -- last year's camp was sold out by January 7th -- we are moving camp to The El Paso County Sheriff's Posse in Sunland Park. This will allow more people to attend. You should find all the info you'll need on this page, but feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
- Camp will be limited to 50 Campers, 20 Junior Counselors and 10 Sr. Counselors. (See counselor requirements below).
- Lunch will be served. BUT... because of the number of campers, we cannot do special diets or meals. We will post the menu as camp gets closer, but if you don't like / can't eat / are allergic to whatever is on the menu, you need to bring your own lunch that day.
- The camp registration form below is designed to be filled out and submitted online. There is a button on the last page that will automatically e-mail it to us. However, if you do not want to use PDF digital signatures, you can print it, sign it, and scan it or drop it off. Hardcopies are always accepted.
- Your camper is not registered until BOTH the registration form and payment have been received. We're trying not to be so militant about this, but last year people were indecisive and we wound up with too many campers!
- Camp is non-refundable. As many of you know, we are looking to purchase a dump trailer so that we can haul off manure and bring in sand / dirt. Because of this, we are not able to return camp payments. However, if your plans change and your child(
- e contact Kimber (915-443-5927) for more information. We are asking for anyone with a few extra bucks to contribute to our sch
- ren) are not going to attend camp, we are happy to write you a donation letter for your taxes. We are a 501(c)(3) and any monie
- s that you give us without receiving anything in return are likely tax deductible.
- There are five scholarships currently available, based on financial need. Pleasolarship fund. There is a link below and any funds collected will be used exclusively for camp scholarships. This is a tax deductible donation.
- Camp Registration closes May 3rd. We need to order t-shirts and have all of the craft supplies purchased. This is a hard date.
This Site is Summer Camp Central!
You'll find camp registration forms here, menus, camp schedules and all the other pertinent info you'll need.
As you may have noticed here on the web page, the theme for Summer Camp 2020 is The Hobbit, a wonderful book by J.R.R. Tolkien. If you or your child have not yet read it, we strongly recommend that you read it before camp.
We are planning for a lot of campers this year, so we're going to have a lot of counselors. In total, we will have 10 Sr. Camp Counselors and 20 Jr. Camp Counselors.
Sr. Camp Counselors: This is a paid position. Sr. Camp Counselors are expert horse people who are familiar with all aspects of tacking up a horse and getting it ready to ride. They are excellent with children, leaders, and must be able to independently work leading a group of children making crafts, singing songs or playing games. Sr Camp Counselors do NOT need to fill out a registration packet, and will receive a free t-shirt and free meals during camp. Must be over 15 with a few exceptions for people we know well. Up to 10 Openings, depending on registration numbers.
Junior Camp Counselors: Junior Counselors assist Sr. Counselors in all aspects of running a group or running horsemanship classes. As such, you must have experience working with horses and enjoy working with children, some of whom may have special needs. As time permits, Jr. Camp Counselors may be allowed to participate in group crafts or games. Jr. Camp Counselors receive a discount for camp registration but are not paid. A camp t-shirt and meals are included in the $100.00 registration fee. You must be 13 or over. Up to 20 positions, depending on registration numbers. Do not pay the $100.00 registration fee until you have been told that you can attend as a Jr. Counselor.
Registration & Payment
DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
This form is for both Jr. Counselors and Campers.
Please register as early as you can, and, if you don't follow us on Facebook, please do! (www.facebook.com/ranchoescondidonm). LAST YEAR'S CAMP SOLD OUT IN FOUR DAYS.
If you are able, please consider donating to our scholarship fund. Every penny donated will be used to pay for camp registration for a child(ren) who otherwise would not be able to attend. Please e-mail us if you would like a donation letter for your taxes. All donors and scholarship recipients are confidential.
Click Below to Pay $300.00 for your child to attend camp!
Click Below to Pay $100.00 for a Junior Camp Counselor Position
Donate $25.00 to send a kid to camp. This donation is only for a camp scholarship.
Donate $150.00 to send a kid to camp. This donation is only used for camp.